Hello from west Texas

Thanks for all the welcomes. I was surprised to find my Marans, Welsummers and Golden Laced Wyandottes at a feed store in Abilene, Tx of all places. ACCO Feed. They keep chicks almost year round and in good health. And some breeds I know Tractor Supply or smaller feed stores just won't bother to get. We are going to re-home all of the Barred Rocks (except 1, the kids pet). They are just not laying as much and the Barred roos are really bothering the new Welsummer rooster. And I WANT to keep him. The kids actually agreed to let the Barreds go as long as we kept the 1. 1 is a LOT better then 13. She lays, just not every day. Around half of the Barreds lay every day, the rest every other day or so.

I see more coops in the near future:lol:

welcome-byc.gif
for Wv.
frow.gif

Well Im selling all but 1 of the Barred Rocks tomorrow. The remaining hen is a big pet and the kids agreed that we could sell off the rest of the older Barred Rocks, IF we kept that 1. Going to attend the Abilene (Texas) Poultry Show the 30th and might come back with some new birds or at least some great info and future connections.

Quote:
I know exactly where you're talking about. We got our first backyard flock there a number of years ago. Since then we have moved to Wisconsin and have a large barn full of layer hens.

Back
Top Bottom