Hello from western PA!

goodpost.gif
Welcome to BYC.

I'm sure I will. My first hens ever had were early this year are Isa Browns ex Battery Hens I rescued :). Now just brought 6 baby Austalorps. Had them since hatching day 5 days ago. Was like a first time mum again, so worried about them.
:). All going very well and have followed lots of advice from internet. Since getting my Isa Brown girls, I'm quite in love with them, lovely personalities. Chickens Rule ha ha

I'm sure I will. My first hens ever had were early this year are Isa Browns ex Battery Hens I rescued :). Now just brought 6 baby Austalorps. Had them since hatching day 5 days ago. Was like a first time mum again, so worried about them.
:). All going very well and have followed lots of advice from internet. Since getting my Isa Brown girls, I'm quite in love with them, lovely personalities. Chickens Rule ha ha
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Isa Browns are one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links, and they are egg laying machines. Even though the laying house you rescued them from cast them off because their lay rate was beginning to decline, with good care, you can probably get another year or two of decent laying from them. You will love the Australorps. They are my favorite standard breed; extremely hardy, calm and gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom