Hello from WNC - ncmtnmama here!

ncmtnmama

Chirping
Feb 13, 2020
Western North Carolina
Hi,

We moved to the WNC area 13 years ago and began purchasing farm fresh eggs from locals. We LOVE the fresh eggs, but it has gotten harder and harder to get fresh eggs without it taking 1/2 of our Saturday driving around the county for suppliers. So, last spring I began planning to start our own little backyard flock!

We are nearly there with a coop gifted from a friend who was moving. We are in the process of fortifying the coop and building a chicken run for during the day. My husband works from our house so we will have the girls in a run while we are both working and then when I get home for the day, we will let them free range at bit under supervision.

I am a planner and researcher so as I was doing my thing, I kept running into this group and found most of the advice and information to be some of the best I've found! So glad to officially be a member. We are about two months out from getting our first chicks!

Looking forward to returning here over and over as we need information and advice!

Welcome to BYC!
Hello Chick.gif
Glad to have you join us! I'm a planner as well but the one thing I was certain wouldn't effect me was this "chicken math" everyone spoke of, lol, now I often try to tell those new to chickens that it's always good to prepare for more chickens then you think you want. :lau

Welcome to BYC! We're happy to have you join us. You'll find several experienced, knowledgeable, and helpful members here that are close to you in NC. I am also in NC, but more central (near Pinehurst, Sanford, Raleigh). The other descriptions don't apply to me though as I am not quite finished with my first year in keeping chickens and ducks. Looking forward to interacting with you. Please share pictures of your chicks when you get them. I'm so excited for you.

Back
Top Bottom