Hello from Yorkshire

dan lindley

In the Brooder
Nov 23, 2015
Huddersfield, UK
Hi there everyone,
I must say this website is great and has been a fantastic resource for me for inspiration and information.
I am just starting out on my chicken journey and plan on building my first coop soon, made from pallets and recycled materials.
If anyone wants to say hi, or offer any advice, tips or tri ks, then please do!!!

I'll try and attach a plan of what I am thinking for my first coop for about 6 chickens.

Speak to you soon, hopefully,

Dan

welcome-byc.gif
Glad to see you here!

Hi Dan,
welcome-byc.gif

One of our greeters is from around your area, @Yorkshire coop . Maybe she'll pop in and say hi.

The Learning Center has loads of information in it on all sorts of topics. And always feel free to ask questions, there are some very helpful and friendly members here.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Thanks for joining us!

Nah then lad - greetings from another Tyke, living in Kenya. Great to have you onboard here at BYC.

As NorthFLChick says, there are lots of ideas for you to consider in the learning centre, and related threads. In my humble opinion, using a simple shed type structure (or an actual shed) is a good option worth considering as they give you space and the opportunity to fine tune the set-up, accommodate more chickens (always a useful feature), store feed and so on. I converted by shed into a coop by lopping a few tree branches and using them for roosting poles, and getting a couple of plastic basins for nest boxes - sorted.

Whatever you decide to do, keep us posted and the "Coop gurus" will, i am sure, give you any advice you may need.

All the best
CT

Hi :welcome Dan

Glad you could join the flock! The coop section has some fab ideas for pallet coops, here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/2/Coop_Designs
Also I'm sure if you type pallet coops in the search above lots of ideas will come up. Do you have an idea of what breed/s you want to start with? Also pop by the uk thread to say hi. The link is in my signature. There are a few of us from Yorkshire there.

Good luck with your new chicken adventures and enjoy BYC :frow

Back
Top Bottom