Hello! Help!!

katie_3487

Chirping
Jun 13, 2022
My chicken is recovering from Coccidiosis and she is doing great! We gave her Corid for 4 days, orally and it’s in her water as well (she wasn’t really drinking) We decided to stop giving her Corid after 4 days. Now, we have to figure out when to give her the vitamin drench or whatever it’s called. The problem is, Corid restricts vitamin B1 from entering her body so the parasite can die. And now we need to give her the B1 back. But what if the parasite is still there? We’ve read some things that say give it to her 1 day after you stop Corid. And some people wait a week to give it to her. What should I do?

Personally I have only used Corid once and did not add back vitamins afterward. I had two adults die of mysterious causes and I had read to try B vitamins which did not help and they ended up dying. A month later my chicks looked to have coccidiosis and had similar signs to the adults that died (the adults didn’t have obvious yucky poop so I didn’t connect the dots). I lost a chick before I could get to Tractor Supply and the Corid worked wonders for the others, but I realized I may have hasted death for my older birds with the B vitamins so I opted to skip adding it back and just feed them their normal food to get levels back up.

Personally I have only used Corid once and did not add back vitamins afterward. I had two adults die of mysterious causes and I had read to try B vitamins which did not help and they ended up dying. A month later my chicks looked to have coccidiosis and had similar signs to the adults that died (the adults didn’t have obvious yucky poop so I didn’t connect the dots). I lost a chick before I could get to Tractor Supply and the Corid worked wonders for the others, but I realized I may have hasted death for my older birds with the B vitamins so I opted to skip adding it back and just feed them their normal food to get levels back up.
Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom