Hello, I'm new :)

1Katinka1

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2015
Australia
Hey everyone! I'm a young, hobby farm girl from Queensland, Australia.
I used to own over thirty Old English Game Bantams, but a year or so ago a fox got in and wiped out all but one. I call her the Little Black One.

After that, I got two Leg Horn hens and two Australorp hens, but my dog got in and ate one leg horn, and one of the Australorps drowned, with the other one dying of an unknown illness. The last remaining Leg Horn, called Phaser due to her tendency to appear behind you, is the sweetest chicken I've ever owned.

Note Papa G the Guinea fowl peeping behind her.

I got four ISA brown hens, and I've just recently got a bunch(24) more chickens!

Here is Churchill, my lovely new Ancona rooster.

I'm so happy to have all these wonderful new chickens, and I hope this lot will be luckier!

Alright
welcome-byc.gif
great to have you joining the BYC flock
frow.gif

That is the nicest and clearest photos I have seen in a very long time .....

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about the loss of your birds. It's always sad to lose some of our flock. Good predator protection for your chickens is very important and there is a good article at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/07/11-tips-for-predator-proofing-chickens.html on predator proofing your flock. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Hello!

Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to joined the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC. Wow! What a gorgeous rooster! He's so handsome and dignified. :love

Thank you, gander007!

I have a pretty expensive nice camera, because I love taking photos of all my animals :D

Thanks everyone for the welcomes! And the compliments to Churchill; I'm sure he'd be flattered if he could understand :p

I have a Maremma Sheepdog now, to protect all my animals :)

Last edited:
You would have much better luck with chickens if you contained them in an enclosed run with top. Everything loves (to eat) chicken and the fox and dog will continue to do so unless you stop them. Please check out the predator threads on BYC.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I love your pictures of your flock - your an amazing photographer. There is a couple of photographer threads on BYC, if you need any links. :)

Back
Top Bottom