Hello, I'm new

kastillo

Hatching
Feb 7, 2016
Hey,
I put a thread in emergency before introducing myself. Because it was an emergency and I did not have time. Anyway kama my name is Christy I am on my 3rd or 4th year having chickens and my second flock. I had 9 before but then I downsize to 6 after today only have 5. I cannot wrap my head around what happened to one of my hands she is perfectly healthy, in good weight, acting normal yesterday, then when she was let out this morning, she was acting superlethargic and within the hour was dead.
These chickens are like my pets, and I'd just like to know if anyone has any idea what this could have been?

welcome-byc.gif

I'm sorry for the loss of your hen. Glad you posted over on the emergency forum, hopefully someone there can give you some information.

Thanks for joining us and hope everyone else is ok.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! I'm sorry to hear you lost your hen :hugs It's always very sad when a flock member is lost. I hope the emergencies section can help you.

Fingers crossed the rest of your birds are ok :fl

Enjoy BYC :frow

Hi and welcome to BYC - a shame that it is not under happier circumstances. I second the sentiments of other members above and i hope that the rest of your flock remain healthy.

All the best
CT

I don't know what egg bound feels like but I felt all along her cloaca and above that area as well all the way to the bones, the hips I assume, and I felt nothing. So I assume she was not egg bound.

Back
Top Bottom