Hello Newbie here and to raising chickens.

Hello chickLou and welcome to BYC!! It’s so nice to have you join us. welcome.gif

This video may help with learning how to navigate the new site.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask one of us. :)

Hi All

From Houston TX. My first try at raising chickens. Started out ordering ten baby brown layers from TSC. They sent me twelve instead. That was four weeks ago and they are all growing like weeds so I think I might be doing something right. I also went out and bought three adult hens two weeks ago so that I could start learning now. I have one brown, one Easter egg, and one white layer. Not 100% sure of the breeds but I think they are spoiled already. As soon as they hear my voice in the morning they swarm to the fence to get to me lol. It might be because I always have a treat in my hand first thing in the morning for them. I can honestly say I have no idea what I am doing but I am having a blast learning and so far I have managed to keep my ladies and babies happy.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this wonderful community. Looks like there is a wealth of information to find here.

Take care
ChickLou

Welcome to Backyard Chickens

Welcome to chickLou:frowYou are in the right place to meet other chicken people who share the same interests as you do! It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm new as well and there are so many friendly people here who give excellent advice and are extremely helpful. I'm going to be receiving my chickens in May, it's nice to meet another person whom is just starting out with chickens too.:celebrate

G’Day from down under ChickLou :frow Welcome!

You might be interested in downloading this free e-book My First Year With Chickens

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has a Learning Centre and also Topic of the Week articles which I have found to be a great resource and a one stop shop for questions which may have already been discussed within the BYC membership group.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Back
Top Bottom