hello okie

andrea2chicken

Chirping
Mar 7, 2016
oklahoma
Hi I am Andrea and I just went to the chickens lo. Just recent bought 7 chicks 6for sure pellets and one we are hoping is a rooster. 2 are black silks 2 are black silks 2 something mixed with reds one is ?? And another is a little fluffy yellow chick I can't remember what he it was. Anyway I had chickens before and really enjoyed having them many many moons ago. So I can't wait for mynew flock to grow.

Hi :welcome Andrea

Glad you could join us here! Congrats on your new chicks :clap You might like to pop by the what breed gender section of the forum with some pics and I'm sure members there will be able to help you ID your chicks. Here is the link ~https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/15/what-breed-or-gender-is-this

Wishing you the very best of luck with your chicks, be sure to ask any questions. Everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi Andrea and welcome to BYC - I am glad that you are enjoying your chicken renaissance!

All the best
CT

Hi Andrea,
welcome-byc.gif

Welcome back to chickens!

Nice to meet you Andrea, welcome to BYC. How old are your silkies? They are one of the most difficult breeds to sex before 4-5 mos. of age and sometimes not till they lay eggs or crow. If you bought them as younger chicks they could surprise you when their gender traits show up. You can post photos at "what breed or gender is this," they are pretty good at figuring them out, not as baby chicks though.

You may also want to post on the "Silkie thread," to learn more about them.

Ok so after lots of research and talking to many here. I don't have a single silkie. I do have a salmon favorelle, 4 donique, 2 lord only knows right but they are black. 2 possible polish. And 3 orange pullete chick's who I am praying will stay orange or go red. But tip of wings lok like they will be white

Back
Top Bottom