Hello Pheasant Gurus and Lovers! I need your Expert Eye Re RGolden Chick!

drthjdr

Chirping
6 Years
Jun 12, 2013
Hello Pheasant/ Poultry Gurus and Lovers!

I greatly need your expert eyes and advice! Can you please help me determine the 'type' of golden pheasant chick that I have? It is 11 days old in the photo.

Is this a Red Golden? Or a Yellow Golden one?

Its siblings are all reddish brown in color. Only this particular chick is a lighter/ pale yellow one.

Its parents are both RG birds. Visually, scrutinizing the parents physical appearance, they don't looked like they're cross-bred or anything--they are appropriately sized for RGs, have yellow feet + beaks, no trace of metallic green on chest, or red on their crowns, not dark-throated, and don't have stains of L. Amherst feather colors --although I'm not so sure when it comes to their genetic make-up/ genotype.

Any comments, advice, and expert opinion is greatly appreciated and welcomed!

Thank you BYC-ers! :)

Cheers!

welcome-byc.gif
If you check the Other Backyard Poultry forum - you will find a tab that says "Pheasants, Partridge. If you post pictures on them you have a much better chance of pheasant people noticing them

welcome-byc.gif
If you check the Other Backyard Poultry forum - you will find a tab that says "Pheasants, Partridge. If you post pictures on them you have a much better chance of pheasant people noticing them

Thanks for the advice, drumstick diva!

Thanks for the warm welcome, redsoxs! I'm really looking forward to learning a lot of insights and exchanging opinions/ ideas here in BYC! :D

Back
Top Bottom