Hello! Please forgive me... I am a Rookie

Rgwhite

Hatching
Mar 24, 2016
Lebanon, TN
Hello!

My name is Ronnie. I live in the Middle TN area. I have been on this site before looking for backyard coop plans, but decided to join because I am having trouble locating the types of Chicks I would like to buy, and also would love some advice! I am about to embark on my first journey of having chickens, and look forward to any advice or help I can get from any of you! Thank you in advance for any of your comments!

I would like to own a few Dominique's, mainly because a favorite Uncle of mine had some and I have fond memories of him. Do any of you know of anyone in the Middle TN area that has them for sale?

Also, what other breeds are good layers, and very docile? maybe I should ask which Chickens make the best pets when you have a 5 year old Son? I think he is as excited as I am, and I would love for him to have Chickens that he can interact with, as opposed to having chickens that scare him, or are always scared of him...

Thanks again! I look forward to any and all comments!

Ronnie

Hi! I'm new too, just bought my first girl today. I chose a silver laced wyandotte after all research said their docile. Mine is completely spoiled to being carried around after only being home a few hours, lol. I have a toddler and a 6yo with ODD so time will tell if I made a good choice. Hope this was helpful at all and good luck. :)

welcome-byc.gif

Once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade forum here on BYC.

As for docile chickens, there's an article in the Learning Center called something like "Pickin' the Right Frickin' Chicken". That might help you select the breeds best suited to your needs.

Good luck on your new adventure!

Hi Ronnie and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us.

I wish you all the best in your new adventure!

CT

Hi Ronnie, nice to meet you. Glad you have become an official member of BYC. To meet bycers in your area, you can post on your state thread. Just put state in the search box and it will pop up. You may even have chickeners for neighbors. Have you visited the Learning Center?

Back
Top Bottom