Hello there

cadudeman

In the Brooder
Apr 26, 2015
Hi, I just joined and wanted to say hello. My 14 year old son and I are building a coop and he has 4 chick about 6 weeks old. He wanted them for his birthday so he got them! It looks like it's going to be fun.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Good luck to your son and his chicks! Raising chicks is an excellent educational experience for all ages of children.
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks do you have?

We have 2 Rhode Island reds and 2 white rocks. Hope they're all hens. I don't know yet.

Right now they're in a portable dog kennel. About 3' x 3' x 4' long with a storage bucket, heat lamp, roost, etc. I'm modifying the kids fort I built a few years ago. They will have a 4'w x 4'L x 3' high henhouse elevated about 4' above ground. They will have access below that as well as an 8' x 3' run, about 7' high. Fully wrapped in 1/2" square hardware cloth.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom