Hello to all from my chicken coop in Texas :D

SparkysGirl

Hatching
8 Years
Oct 21, 2011
Hi to all! My name is Lexey. I have been cruising around this site for about a month now, but I finally decided since I was here so much I just needed to sign up,lol! I have learned some things and I LOVE seeing everyone's chicky pics!! Here is my answers for the new member template!
smile.png
I am running short on time tonight but wanted to introduce myself before bed!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Yes and no,lol.. These are my first chickens that I have owned personally since I was a kid (probably 13). Almost my entire family owns at least 2 or 3 chickens. My sister has 9 and I plan on giving her the extras that we can't keep.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
10 chicks and 3 hatching eggs with a hatch date -Oct 29

(3) What breeds do you have?
2 Easter eggers for sure,( and I could be wrong about some of these but this is what we think the rest are )-3 black silkies,3 partridge silkies,2 buff silkies. The hatching eggs are Mille Fleur d"uccle.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google is a wonderful thing sometimes!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I have so many----photography, reading, camping, cooking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I have a wonderful husband (who just finished building me a fabulous chicken coop), 3 great kids-(2 girls ages 16 and 13, a boy age 7), and our dog. I was a hairstylist up until my son was born. He has Down Syndrome and Epilepsy, so I have been a stay at home mom since then. I homeschool my two youngest so this has been pretty neat for them. We made a homemade incubator for the eggs and they have been doing great with checking on the temp and humidity and all!! I sneak by every 10 mins or so too,lol, I can't seem to stop myself!

hello from Fort Worth
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
my favorite hobby's are gardening and fishing am married with children
roll.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom