Hello to all from Northeast Pennsylvania

ThePilgrimGooseHouse

In the Brooder
Nov 12, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I have raised ducks, chickens, guineas in the past. I now just have Pilgrim geese for the last 2 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have had as many as 20 - currently I have 4 until hatching season starts again.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Pilgrim.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Geese are very smart. You can teach them simple voice commands. If they imprint on you they will follow you anywhere you go until breeding season starts and then they tend to their own business.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I make small videos of my goose adventures in NEPA and post them on YouTube and Instagram.

YouTube: "The Pilgrim Goose House"
Instagram: TheGooseHouse2022

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Married with three adult children and no other pets.

Occupation: electrical engineer - hardware/software/embedded instrumentation

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

google search. I found this forum helpful when I started raising guineas. Also when I started incubating eggs.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I have raised ducks, chickens, guineas in the past. I now just have Pilgrim geese for the last 2 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

I have had as many as 20 - currently I have 4 until hatching season starts again.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Pilgrim.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Geese are very smart. You can teach them simple voice commands. If they imprint on you they will follow you anywhere you go until breeding season starts and then they tend to their own business.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I make small videos of my goose adventures in NEPA and post them on YouTube and Instagram.

YouTube: "The Pilgrim Goose House"
Instagram: TheGooseHouse2022

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Married with three adult children and no other pets.

Occupation: electrical engineer - hardware/software/embedded instrumentation

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

google search. I found this forum helpful when I started raising guineas. Also when I started incubating eggs.
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom