Hello!

CRNA06

Hatching
Jul 26, 2015
Hi! I am new to keeping chickens. My husband and I along with our four children are looking to become a little less dependent on commercial goods while teaching and learning some life lessons. We have 3 barred rock and 2 Easter Eggers that have been laying for about 7 months, we've had them for a month now. We bought them from an amish farmer. We were also given an Isa brown and Rhode Island red who were about 4 months old when we got them and are now 5 months old. We also have 2 barred rock (we were told they were black Austrolorp) and 3 Rhode Island red chicks that are about a month old. We have 2 coops, a large one for the older 7 and a smaller one for the chicks. We are having a ton of fun with these girls
1f603.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is loads of useful information there that will keep you from making beginners' mistakes. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Welcome to BYC!

You have a nice mixed flock with some hardy birds. Nice to get the whole family involved in a project like raising poultry.

Feel free to ask questions and join in on the forums!

Back
Top Bottom