hello

only one lay

Songster
11 Years
Nov 2, 2008
litchfield mi
As a first post I want to say thanks. Got chicks as birthday gift in april and have had a blast.The answers to questions are all here for the finding.you folks do a great job of passing along info. I'll get pictures posted of the coop I put out back and the newfoundland dog friend my peeps hang out with.
We have 6 kids (one 5yr old at home) 6 grand kids with their parents out and about.2 dogs 3 cats and 9 assorted chickens. Wife paints and plays with art and gardening while I have a wood shop.
Enough about me.
I have one egg a day. Its been like this since 10/12. All the chicks got here in the same week about 4/25. They are all eating well and pooping normally. Is this just me needing to be patient or?
Also- will they drink from moving water?I have A plan to use a fish tank water pump to keep it from freezing in the coop here in the mich winter. a valve to monitor the flow control and some pvc tubing already in the shop should put it at aout 10$.
Again Thanks for the help past present and future.

welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
welcome-byc.gif
glad to have you here!!!!!

welcome-byc.gif

I'd say its normal for the egg laying. Sometimes they do not lay well during the shorter and colder days. Just be patient!
Oh, and I believe they will drink from moving water, my chickens drink from water that is running down the hill when I clean out the horse trough!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Glad to hear your enjoying your chickies. Chickens require 12-14 hrs of daylight for optimum production of eggs and with the shorter/colder days that will cut egg laying so patience is the answer to that question.
smile.png

I do believe chickens will lay from running water. My chickens love to drink from the spout when as the water is filling their water jug. It sounds like a good plan. Post pics as soon as you get your waterer set up so all can see.
thumbsup.gif

yes they will drink from running water... mine drink from the hose when I let it go in a puddle..

and welcome... Mine were hatched May 2nd and I only have 3 laying ...

Back
Top Bottom