Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

KJ6485

Songster
Dec 19, 2015
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
Hello, My name is Kelly, I am new to BYC and soon to be chicken owner. My family and I have recently moved to the country and have decided to bring chickens into our lives for eggs, responsibility and entertainment. We will be receiving our first babies the last week of April and they will include
1 Black Australorp
1 Dominique
1 Delaware
1 Salmon Faverolle
1 easter egger
1 silver laced Wyandotte
1 gold laced wyandotte
1 New Hampshire Red
1 Buff Orpington
1 Speckled Sussex
3 Golden Buff
1 Mystery Chick (Meyers meal maker)

I am so excited to begin learning more and more and even more excited for the babies to come!

Welcome to BYC, Kelly!
welcome-byc.gif
We are so glad you decided to join our flock!

Ah.... you chose Meyer, a WONDERFUL hatchery. We won't go with any other at this point, and plus, it's rather fun living pretty close to their facility!
big_smile.png

-Alex

Welcome to BYC, Kelly. Glad you decided to join our flock. You're getting a great mix of breeds. Black Australorps, Salmon Faverolles, Buff Orpingtons, and Speckled Sussex are not only good layers of brown eggs, but they have a well deserved reputation for being calm and gentle breeds (great lap pets). Golden Buff is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are laying machines. You should get loads of large brown eggs from those three girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC - it seems like you have some busy times ahead with your new chicks. Don't hesitate to post if you are unsure or have a question - we're a friendly bunch.

All the best
CT

One meal maker chick isn't going to go far. But you might want to read up on meat birds, to see how their care and feeding differs from regular laying chickens.

welcome-byc.gif

Nice assortment of breeds, you'll have a lovely mixed flock. Be sure to make your coop large enough...those little chicks will grow quickly.

Have fun with your birds and if you have questions always feel free to ask!

One meal maker chick isn't going to go far. But you might want to read up on meat birds, to see how their care and feeding differs from regular laying chickens.
a meal maker chick is just the term used by meyer hatchery for the free chick they include (which mimics your order......so it will be a layer) in which they ask you to donate the eggs from to charity. :) I couldn't eat my own chicken lol

Back
Top Bottom