Hello!

VeggieGeek

In the Brooder
Dec 9, 2016
Rural Northeast
I have been reading posts on here for some time now, but finally decided to join after a predator attack two nights ago. Hoping to rebuild from that... (I posted in the predators section to get some feed back!)

I grew up with chickens, and couldn't wait to own them as a grown up. One of our first projects when we bought our house was to build a coop! That was a little over five years ago... We have dealt with various injuries and illnesses since, but this recent attack was the first real predator attack and has almost wiped our flock out.
1f622.png
1f494.png
I have two birds hopefully recovering in the basement-down from a flock of 12! So... Hoping to rebuild-both coop and flock. I am tempted to even try sneaking the eggs we have left in the fridge under one if the remaining hens!! (We did have a rooster, so they may be fertile.) We'll see though...

Just nice to find other chicken lovers who understand our pain here!!

welcome-byc.gif

So sorry to hear of your loss of birds. Hopefully you'll get the feedback you need on the predator forum.

Thanks for joining us!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock but sorry it's not under better circumstances. Predator attacks sure are devasting :( I'm sure the members in the predator section will be able to help you.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
I am glad you joined us! But I am very sorry about your chickens!
hugs.gif
I know how you feel, we had a coyote attack a few months ago on the flock. I hope you enjoy BYC, best wishes!

G’Day from down under VeggieGeek
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am sorry for your loss
sad.png

I hope you enjoy BYC. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

So sorry about your predator attack - they will be back. Once they are successful they keep coming back until there is nothing left. Are you allowed to shoot to trap predators?

I have been reading posts on here for some time now, but finally decided to join after a predator attack two nights ago. Hoping to rebuild from that... (I posted in the predators section to get some feed back!)

I grew up with chickens, and couldn't wait to own them as a grown up. One of our first projects when we bought our house was to build a coop! That was a little over five years ago... We have dealt with various injuries and illnesses since, but this recent attack was the first real predator attack and has almost wiped our flock out.
1f622.png
1f494.png
I have two birds hopefully recovering in the basement-down from a flock of 12! So... Hoping to rebuild-both coop and flock. I am tempted to even try sneaking the eggs we have left in the fridge under one if the remaining hens!! (We did have a rooster, so they may be fertile.) We'll see though...

Just nice to find other chicken lovers who understand our pain here!!

Welcome! Sorry about the predator attack. It happens
hit.gif
But I have been successful in putting large fowl eggs from the refrigerator into the incubator. Just let them warm up to room temperature first. When I tried it with bantam eggs unfortunately it didn't work. Good luck,

Hello there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard Chickens! I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

Back
Top Bottom