Hello!

PRchick

Songster
Sep 11, 2020
Houston, TX
Four years ago I some chickens. I lived in the country and moved to the city. I thought I couldn't keep chickens, so I gave mine to a friend. She was getting some more this year and I had found out that I can keep chickens, so I got enthused too.

Right now I'm trying to hatch some BBS Ameraucana eggs and some Cream Legbar eggs that I got on Ebay. Don't have a lot of hope for them. The Legbars are doing much better than the Ameraucanas.

I also have 3 Rare Breed assortment pullets coming the week of the 21st from Meyer Hatchery. I want to be surprised.

I like having the chickens and, of course, the eggs. I think I may want to hatch more chickens too.

I also have greyhounds. I am going to keep my chickens is a partitioned area of the yard, so that I can keep the chickens protected. When I had chickens before, I had them in an area with a 6 ft. fence and didn't think hens could fly that high, well I guessed wrong. I lost an Easter Egger and a Golden Buff when they flew over the fence and the dogs got them. I clipped everybody else's wings after that.

This weekend, my friend and I are going to build a coop. Yay! Can't wait to have the chickens!

PRchick, Thank you, I just read your message. It takes awhile to figure out BYC but it is so worth it.

I'm no computer whiz but, I did learn to post and delete and a few other things. But I have been here for 11 years. I think we all started out as "lurkers,"- just sticking a toe in the water at first. Then eventually diving in.

Back
Top Bottom