hello

8chickenlittle

In the Brooder
7 Years
Oct 22, 2012
Need help or idea what to do-- i have a hen that looks droopy her wings are down waddles spread out legs sad lookin quarintined her. Feed her yogurt and oatmeal no change no eggs no talkin nothing -inside tried olive oil and bottom soaks:(

Last edited:
how old is she? has she been laying before this? could she have gotten into any mold, have you checked for egg bound
could be a lot of things, Mareks, If Mareks they can get droopy stop eating lose a lot of weight, it is really hard to tell

what does she eat, are there any other hens showing symptoms?

I dont know how old she is i thought maybe constipated?(use to lay friend gave me her ill have to ask she will eat just droppywings tail

Well my hen is still hanging in there eating and drinking water.problem is she feels on her underside full and like watery inside like a water balloon. Weird--- Gonna try soakin her in a warm soapy bucket of water. See if i can feel anything like an egg. Walks funny and down with the wings and tail

.Also have another hen who is still sitting on her eggs not movin so we will see. Not good when you are trying to make a dozen eggs to sell and she has hourding 5. Guess ill let her be a mama lol

Last edited:
Well today my
broody hen decided to get off eggs and ggot a friend to sit awhile it is almost 2 weeks

Let my chickens out of house and one of them cannot walk straight keeps falling down walks a little falls down what's up??? Any ides anyone?

I have had problems like this and some you save others &^$#*@$%
somad.gif

but this is part of it but some times it takes some time but this is what
I do first to clean them out with out cleaning me out, I have on hand
Probiotic 3 pack just like buying yeast and one pace in a one gallon
mix let them drink this is to maintain digestive health and chickens are
susceptible creatures to every thing this is why I do not allow other
people around them as they can bring in many disappointments for
me ...... So add this to the water and wait a couple of days next give
some high protein feed around 20% at least
clap.gif
Any time the cone or waddles droop I go protein, and try a scrambled
egg mashed up good yogurt works good also ......
The health of a chicken really depends on feed a lot so cracked corn
rice veggies oatmeal oyster shell well ground a good 3 or 4 way mix
feed and laying mash as we mix our food for better health so why
not theirs .........
thumbsup.gif

gander007
old.gif

Went to check coop- found one eye closed and all feather on its head gone you can see skull . So i took her out and gave her a bath but her in a cage -heater bulb water and yogut and pellets-put double antibotic cream on head

Back
Top Bottom