Hello

birdwatcher612

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 27, 2014
Harford County Maryland
I took the plunge and bought 6 friends from TSC last week. They were straight run but I believe I chose 3 each of 2 different breeds, I tried for 3 white and 3 red but time will tell. I just LOVE them! I had ducks for 2 years that I had raised but they met their demise by a local fox (I let my guard down and he took advantage)....I was heartbroken. I wanted to replace them as they were a lot of fun but they can also be time consuming so that's when I considered chickens and I'm so glad I did! I just love them :)

images

Hello Birdwatcher and welcome to BYC!

Congrats on the new babies! If you love to watch birds, (and I am obsessed with all wild birds, LOL) you will LOVE watching your new flock!

If you need any tips and hints on raising your new brood, stop by our learning center here on BYC for lots of good reads on all aspects of keeping poultry, including a section on predators and how to protect your flock...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Great to have you aboard and enjoy your new adventure!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Congratulations on your new chicks, you will have fun with them! TwoCrows gave you a great link to get started checking out BYC. Sorry about the ducks you lot to the foxes.

Thank you TwoCrows and yes, I love watching birds. Other than the eagle, my most favorite is the cedar waxwing
love.gif

I'm so anxious to see what these babies grow up to be and I'm also looking forward to not having to buy eggs from a grocery store any longer.

Thank you for the link. I will definitely check it out. I've done a ton of reading/research over the past week and each time I learn something new.

Thanks again.

Thank you TwoCrows and yes, I love watching birds. Other than the eagle, my most favorite is the cedar waxwing
love.gif

I'm so anxious to see what these babies grow up to be and I'm also looking forward to not having to buy eggs from a grocery store any longer.

Thank you for the link. I will definitely check it out. I've done a ton of reading/research over the past week and each time I learn something new.

Thanks again.
Oh...I am jealous! I have never seen a Cedar Waxwing, but it is on my list of must see!! I have about 120 birds on my life list. Still not enough birds for me!!

Enjoy those Waxwings!!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom