Hello!

Wow lots of welcomes! Thank you.

I will probably be on more sometime this weekend or Monday. I have mareks questions. Blood work on my now, no longer suffering mille fluer d'uccle cockerel, came back positive for it same day another little d'uccle girl showed signs.

Last edited:
Oh so very sorry about your roo. Survivors are carriers for life. Do follow the links given, Nambroth the author, has gone through it herself and documented everything thing she has done to try and keep it from sneaking back in.

She has been meticulous and maintains a closed flock. Plus she is just a very nice, down to earth person, if you have further questions.

Hi I to am new, I have researched a lot from your site :) so I joined. My problem is I have a silkie pullet I had since 1 week old and for last two weeks has had swollen eye shut. I know most often respitory but no other symptoms . Happy eats drinks I have her on medicated starter, did the general antibiotics in water 13 days , I give her probiotic s and vitamins and flush eye daily with saline, use antibiotic eye ointment , it would be open and appear better but then back I tried baytril for 5 days now trying tylan but only got 50 and I have to give it orally :( can't do needles . So small I can't even find breast :-/ . So besides eye nothing ? Could it just be eye infection or still most likly respitiry with no other symptoms ? What should I do ? It seems so painfull. I'm trying to find a vet in my area too. Any advice appreciated . Thanks

Wow, thank you for those links. I will definitely read up on those tomorrow. I have done some research already, but figured talking with those dealing with it as well would help the most.

About the eye issue for newchickincoop, I can't help you much there, I do however have a one eyed girl that I tried lots of medicine to fix it, but alas over time it just healed the way it was going to. She can't see from that side, but still a happy chicken. And my friendliest.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined the flock!

Newchickincoop, there was swelling for the first two weeks or so, then went down and is now sunken in and the eye thats left is completely grey. Nothing there

Thanks everyone for the welcomes

Back
Top Bottom