Hello!

littlesparrow11

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2015
Vermont
New Egg here- I've been raising chickens in central Vermont for 5 years now. Last fall I lost all 6 of my hens in the same day to a fox :( But, I've beefed up security and I've got new babies coming this spring! I'm really excited to have little peeps again, and to be a part of the BYC community! :D

Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif
I'm so glad you joined our wonderful community!

I'm sorry to hear about your losses to the fox!
hugs.gif
I've been lucky to have never lost chickens to predators, but it has always sounded like an awful experience. I hope you enjoy your new chicks as much as the old!
smile.png

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am so sorry for your losses!
hugs.gif
Predators can be just awful. Good luck with your new babies! Nothing cuter than spring peeps!

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions along they way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Sorry about your losses. Fox can climb, dig, jump high and make fast getaways. They are also persistent. If they know food is around they will keep coming back. Folks on the predator forum may have good ways of outsmarting them.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope the next batch will bring you nothing but enjoyment and lots of eggs!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with the new flock of chicks!, sorry about the loss of your hens.

Back
Top Bottom