HELP!!!!!!!!!!! ALL of my hens have stopped laying eggs!

I just moved my flock from my original coop, where they weren't getting much light to the new hen house where they get all the light the day gives. Egg production is up already (I moved them Wed evening); I got four eggs yesterday and one so far today.
I've also been increasing their protein (by feeding fermented corn, soak it in water for a few days).

wowhoo got 7 eggs today, have 29 hens and 2 roosters, was slow since aug. plus 20 of them just came of egg age. 15 should have waited till the end of this mth but 2 are laying.

I have two pullets that aren't of age yet (no eggs) and 2 2.5 year olds that were laying for their previous owner then went into molt.

I've had them two weeks and just put light in their coop trying to kick start the two older ones...

Good thread... thanks for the info.

I think my americauna is getting close. As soon as you walk up to pet her, she just squats and she's got a little waddle going. Who knows... my goal is by Jan 1 to get my first egg from the 4 girls considering the disturbance they've had.

I have two pullets that aren't of age yet (no eggs) and 2 2.5 year olds that were laying for their previous owner then went into molt.

I've had them two weeks and just put light in their coop trying to kick start the two older ones...

Good thread... thanks for the info.

I think my americauna is getting close. As soon as you walk up to pet her, she just squats and she's got a little waddle going. Who knows... my goal is by Jan 1 to get my first egg from the 4 girls considering the disturbance they've had.

Does light really help bring them out of molt or lay in spite of it or.... I'm not sure what I'm asking.
The light thing and the molt thing don't seem to have anything to do with each other if I understand them correctly, which I may not.
As I understand it, when they molt, they just don't lay; when the light is low, their egg production is reduced. It doesn't seem like light would bring them out of molt any quicker or make them start laying if they're molting.... Maybe I misunderstood the post.
I'm sorry; I'm new at this and I just want to make sure I have my info straight.
hide.gif

I have 25 linear feet of roosts at various heights around my coop.

My dozen chickens stubbornly sleep on the floor of the coop.
what did you make the roost out of, he used dells but them came down with the weight of chickens, I heard some use 2x2's ours is made like a ladder.

Ours are made out of natural tree limbs with the bark on, cut from the fruit trees when we pruned earlier this year. About 1.5 inches in diameter.

We tried natural after they snubbed the closet rods and the 2x2s.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom