Help and advice needed helping rescue ducks to settle

Lovely!! Sorry for your fern though... they do tend to make up their own minds on where eggs should be laid, lol... I have one that watches me collect her egg every day and changes her spot each day... :lol:

Broodiness may or may not happen at any time, but springtime is usually the favorite time... and some ducks just don't go broody... you might want to see about looking into an incubator if she starts laying and doesn't sit if you want to raise some ducklings yourself...

Very glad they are starting to settle in for you... sounds like they are much happier there... :)

I'll get an incubator. Tbh I suspect he sold them because they weren't fertile. The place was awful
1f61e.png
. If they don't have ducklings I don't mind but there's nothing cuter is there?
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png

I'll get some pics for you once they've finished nest building...I have to watch them from the upstairs window or they shoot off
1f602.png
. They've not learned to associate me with food yet
1f60d.png
x

Aww soooo cute
2764.png
. I got a few pics of them nesting while I was spying on them from the upstairs window. How do I upload pics please?

Thanks! :D

At the top of the reply box is a button with mountains and a sun symbol... just click on it and it will let you upload your pics...

Please excuse the garden it's a work in progress
1f648.png
The pics are quite zoomed in as they wont let me get too close yet. The ponds going to be moved nearer to their shed and I'm going to add slope for them to walk in easier
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom