HELP! ARE MY CHICKENS GRAVELY SICK?!!

bibi_arts

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2020
Recently I've been very worried about my hens. At the moment I only have two, a Rhode Island Red named Protector, and Sunny, whose breed I do not know. I'm worried they are both sick. I first noticed something was wrong yesterday, when my Red was choking on a clear slimy liquid she seemed to have thrown up on herself. I googled her symptoms and I found out either she had just drank water and pressure made her throw it up or she had ascites. I couldn't feel anything wrong with her stomach, though my dad said he saw the same slimy liquid hanging from her beak a few days ago. I'm very worried because she was heavily panting today. Other than that, she's been really normal. She's been running, eating, laying, drinking and pooping. She has also been talking to me and takes any chance to steal food from Sunny. If anything, what's wrong?
Now onto Sunny. She's been having laying problems for a while now. We've been working on getting her food so she can have strong eggs but with the pandemic it has been hard. A lot of her eggs have been soft shell. She has also been kind of sad looking I guess, and napping more. I feel very sad for her. I feel like she may have a respiratory disease because sometimes she looks like she's swallowing mucus or something. Also I'm not sure if this is related but her feathers look kind of dishevelled, but they are still strong, not loose or anything. Despite that she's also been normal, eating and drinking. Currently, as I write this, they are taking a dust bath. Should i be worried? I feel like their condition may worsen if i don't do something early on and i wont know what to do or what to get since stores are closed. I will be giving them VetRX since it seemed to help last time they looked like they were swallowing mucus. PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM!!!

Recently I've been very worried about my hens. At the moment I only have two, a Rhode Island Red named Protector, and Sunny, whose breed I do not know. I'm worried they are both sick. I first noticed something was wrong yesterday, when my Red was choking on a clear slimy liquid she seemed to have thrown up on herself. I googled her symptoms and I found out either she had just drank water and pressure made her throw it up or she had ascites. I couldn't feel anything wrong with her stomach, though my dad said he saw the same slimy liquid hanging from her beak a few days ago. I'm very worried because she was heavily panting today. Other than that, she's been really normal. She's been running, eating, laying, drinking and pooping. She has also been talking to me and takes any chance to steal food from Sunny. If anything, what's wrong?
Now onto Sunny. She's been having laying problems for a while now. We've been working on getting her food so she can have strong eggs but with the pandemic it has been hard. A lot of her eggs have been soft shell. She has also been kind of sad looking I guess, and napping more. I feel very sad for her. I feel like she may have a respiratory disease because sometimes she looks like she's swallowing mucus or something. Also I'm not sure if this is related but her feathers look kind of dishevelled, but they are still strong, not loose or anything. Despite that she's also been normal, eating and drinking. Currently, as I write this, they are taking a dust bath. Should i be worried? I feel like their condition may worsen if i don't do something early on and i wont know what to do or what to get since stores are closed. I will be giving them VetRX since it seemed to help last time they looked like they were swallowing mucus. PLEASE HELP IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S WRONG WITH THEM!!!
Also, here is a picture of them:
15869849062107962252759623595416.jpg

I’m sorry nobody answered, I’m new here, how are they? Seems nutrindrench might help.
hope they are better!

Hi! thank you for responding. They've been better today! I thought the loud title might make more people wanna respond but....oh well. Anyway I'll research Nutridench to see if it'll make them feel better.🙂 Thanks again!

Hi! thank you for responding. They've been better today! I thought the loud title might make more people wanna respond but....oh well. Anyway I'll research Nutridench to see if it'll make them feel better.🙂 Thanks again!
Mine took a dive, I thought she passed, then I spent an hour hand feeding her, she was not good. But now she’s doing much better

Back
Top Bottom