HELP!!!! baby chicks lethargic and stumbling around.

poultryman84

Songster
9 Years
Oct 24, 2014
Quincy IL
Hey everyone, I have two chicks out of 35 that are lethargic. When they do try to move they stumble around like they're struggling to walk. They appear to be trying to peep but no sound comes out. Check my temperature and it is perfect 92° all the other birds seem to be doing great. The two sick ones don't eat anything. I have used a dropper for water. I've also given them some mashed up hard-boiled eggs. I had to hand feed them. This has been going on for about 48 hours. I've tried everything I can think of. They have had sugar water. They have had Quik Chik vitamins and electrolytes. I have them separated from the others. They are just over a week old shipped chicks. they do not seem to have pasty butt.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Here is a picture of one of them.

aww, poor babies. sounds like you are doing all you can unless you want to bump that heat up to 97 for a couple days and see if that helps but , and i hate to say, it sounds like failure to thrive and that would be from the stress of shipping. sometimes we have those for no reason at all. I would also add a healthy chick to them . it might encourage them to eat. wet the mash with the warm sugar water. are you feeding medicated food? and if so did you happen to have their shots or anything when you ordered them?
fl.gif

take all the pine shavings out and give them a floor of food. its in their food as well. check the crop to make sure its not impacted.

Back
Top Bottom