HELP...Brinsea Mini Eco temperature is confusing me!

Lilyrush

In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 27, 2012
Western Washington
This may be a dumb question but this is my first time trying to hatch eggs and I'm totally nervous! I have a Brinsea Mini Eco and I plugged it in and have let it stabilize but the temp on the thermometer was well past the 100 mark. I thought it was factory set but I turned the temp control thingy way down and the temp did go down but I can't get it to go down to the 99 mark. Now I'm second guessing myself and am afraid that I just totally messed it up. If its factory set why was it so high? Or am I reading the thermometer wrong? Oh man!! Lol this shouldn't be this hard!!

This may be a dumb question but this is my first time trying to hatch eggs and I'm totally nervous! I have a Brinsea Mini Eco and I plugged it in and have let it stabilize but the temp on the thermometer was well past the 100 mark. I thought it was factory set but I turned the temp control thingy way down and the temp did go down but I can't get it to go down to the 99 mark. Now I'm second guessing myself and am afraid that I just totally messed it up. If its factory set why was it so high? Or am I reading the thermometer wrong? Oh man!! Lol this shouldn't be this hard!!
If I understand you correctly, your incubator may be defective. Call up Brinsea and tell them about the problem. I think your incubator comes with a 2-year warranty. If you are using a different thermometer to test their factory set thermometer....they warn against this in their literature because a cheap thermometer may not be as accurate as you need for a hatch.

Hope you get it figured out.

Back
Top Bottom