HELP" bumble foot"

doddie

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 14, 2014
I have 2 golden wyndottes 1 silver and a small cochin. I noticed 2 days ago that one of my reds has a big blister on the top of her foot and when i looked at the bottom there was a small black dot. she is walking and eating fine. I am new to this so bear with me. after looking at all of the threads on here I believe she has bumble foot. And I am going to try and fix it (with my hubbys help). I just brought her in and soaked her foot for 5 min. then i swabbed her foot with weak iodine . I cut away the blak dot and there was nothing coming out and she was getting jumpy every time i cut. So I decided to open the top. I cut right across the blister (probably too big of a cut ) and this big kernel came out. By now she is very stressed so i rinsed her foot and put triple anibiotic on the top and bottom and a gauze piece on both and wrapped it with vetplex banage 3 strips. then I put in the coop with the others, they started to peck at it so put them on there perch and I think they are going to bed. I was soooo nervous. I hope she will be o.k. Thank you everyone for the advice and pics.. I could not have done it without you!!!!!
D.gif
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom