Help! Call Ducks Due!

We are on day 27. The inside membrane does still have some prominent blood veins though they are getting smaller.
Ok well he probably won't be able to absorb all of them because he does have some gooy stuff going on, but it's your call, we can wait ONE more day now that you have that safe hole, or we can attempt to try and save him now.. The high humidity will help a little, you see we need moisture inside so that we can get all that gooy stuff loosened up, so when he internally pipps or if we make him internally pip it will just seep right on out of there. But again it's your call, I'm with you no matter which way you choose..

As much as I would love to, I have to. Go to work at 2 so I really need to get to bed. This is going to kill me, but I am gonna have to just hope for the best. What did I do wrong to cause this? I have 8 more on day 8.

As much as I would love to, I have to. Go to work at 2 so I really need to get to bed. This is going to kill me, but I am gonna have to just hope for the best. What did I do wrong to cause this? I have 8 more on day 8.
I completely understand and that's good, we can let some of that moisture get inside that shell help him move around some and Hopefully by tomorrow he will internally pip. Crossing fingers.

sticky babies are usually from Four different scenerio
1 High humidity which is the most common
2. tempature dropping
3. Incubator not thoroughly cleaned
4. Venalation. Which is the least of the four.

For the 8 keep your humidity down.. i keep mine at 20, I don't add a drop of water, it just stays at that percent

Well, it was still alive this morning. Hoping the same when I get home. I am leaning towards the first 2 reasons since all vent holes are open and I have only had one other hatch in this bator. The weather has been changing a great deal here. I had trouble keeping humidity low and temps steady. The humidity now for the other 8 had been staying in 20's with no water and temps are staying steady for now.

Well, it was still alive this morning. Hoping the same when I get home. I am leaning towards the first 2 reasons since all vent holes are open and I have only had one other hatch in this bator. The weather has been changing a great deal here. I had trouble keeping humidity low and temps steady. The humidity now for the other 8 had been staying in 20's with no water and temps are staying steady for now.
r

How is it now??

It did not make it. I found my thermometers were off by a great deal. I think the temp was probably low the majority of the time. I bought a brinsea spot check and a better hygrometer. Gonna set the ones I have now laying down tomorrow and start turning them by hand and sponging them. I read your methods on your site. Hoping for better luck with these. That was my first time trying to hatch calls. I have a trio of snowys and am determined to get it right. We just love them.

It did not make it. I found my thermometers were off by a great deal. I think the temp was probably low the majority of the time. I bought a brinsea spot check and a better hygrometer. Gonna set the ones I have now laying down tomorrow and start turning them by hand and sponging them. I read your methods on your site. Hoping for better luck with these. That was my first time trying to hatch calls. I have a trio of snowys and am determined to get it right. We just love them.
GRRR I was afraid of that, sorry for your lost, I was hoping he could hang in there until today and for sure he would have had to come out. DANG,

Good to know that the gages were off, because now you can get those fixed and have a MUCH better hatching. WELCOME TO THE CALL DUCK CHALLENGE. keep at it you can only get better and better.

With my methods only pick one, don't try to combine two together because that will totally mess things up..

Back
Top Bottom