Help! Call Ducks Due!

Update: the first hatchling is doing great he's a little yellow guy! Everything seems normal. The second one who hatched out has died. So I have one duckling. Out of 16 eggs I'm giving the rest a bit longer just incase. Idk if I'm doing something wrong with the eggs so they would die.

OUCH, that's not a very good hatching, I think we need to go back to square one and figure out what went wrong.

OUCH, that's not a very good hatching, I think we need to go back to square one and figure out what went wrong.

What could go wrong? That was my second hatch. The first was 5 ducklings and this was 2 with one dead. What can I do? And I'm giving him a duck starter and he can lift his head and he's running around.

They get fed everyday a mixture of things. Chicken laying feed. Peas, corn they forage in my garden.

Chicken laying feed isn't the ideal thing for laying ducks since ducks and chickens have different nutritional requirements. Despite that, I've read comments from people on here who do it and say they have no problems, so I can't say that contributed to the problems you had. I would still switch to appropriate duck feed if you can afford it.

Chicken laying feed isn't the ideal thing for laying ducks since ducks and chickens have different nutritional requirements. Despite that, I've read comments from people on here who do it and say they have no problems, so I can't say that contributed to the problems you had. I would still switch to appropriate duck feed if you can afford it.

I'll see at my feed store. Thank you for the advice

I get told all the time that quality 'poultry' feed is good. I cant get duck specific food, mine get coprice lucky layer pellet, free range scratch as well as free range forage and scraps. Sometimes my girls need a bit of a boost in a vitamin supp, but if I cant get my lucky layer and have to buy another brand, my eggs disappear!

I get told all the time that quality 'poultry' feed is good. I cant get duck specific food, mine get coprice lucky layer pellet, free range scratch as well as free range forage and scraps. Sometimes my girls need a bit of a boost in a vitamin supp, but if I cant get my lucky layer and have to buy another brand, my eggs disappear!

Mine lay eggs on and off depends on how much they've been in the garden. Or I can't find the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom