HELP CHICK BARELY ALIVE

Shank197

Hatching
Apr 17, 2022
I got 3 chicks a couple days ago they have been doing great. This morning they were doing fine and very active as usual, well I check on them after not seeing them for maybe 10min and one was laying there and wasn’t moving couldn’t see breathing or anything. I got my fiancé and when he went to get close it moved so it immediately put it under direct heat and it’s been about 30 minutes and the little chick has regained visible breathing ( was panting, but has now regulated a bit) and when I give it water with the syringe she tries to drink it I believe she gets some but the rest will stay and she’ll make a bubble or it will get super thick and drip down her beak, she shakes her head when given water so her neck isn’t broke, she couldn’t have fallen or hurt herself any way, she’s chirping and is BARELY moving, what can I do😩😩😩

I got 3 chicks a couple days ago they have been doing great. This morning they were doing fine and very active as usual, well I check on them after not seeing them for maybe 10min and one was laying there and wasn’t moving couldn’t see breathing or anything. I got my fiancé and when he went to get close it moved so it immediately put it under direct heat and it’s been about 30 minutes and the little chick has regained visible breathing ( was panting, but has now regulated a bit) and when I give it water with the syringe she tries to drink it I believe she gets some but the rest will stay and she’ll make a bubble or it will get super thick and drip down her beak, she shakes her head when given water so her neck isn’t broke, she couldn’t have fallen or hurt herself any way, she’s chirping and is BARELY moving, what can I do😩😩😩
Don't force water. ONE drop down the wrong pipe will kill it.

Can you take a clear short video and upload it to YouTube?

Try dipping it’s beak into water with electrolytes for half a second, and give it time to swallow. Repeat and try to get some fluids into it. Have you checked for any pasty butt? It sounds like shipping stress, and I hope that you can revive it.

I have no clue how to do that but I can try, she will stand up for a minute or 2 then go back down, she went from not breathing hardly at all to now she’s standing and chirping but she won’t walk and she’s weak

It’s the craziest thing! She is acting so much more normal she’s sitting on my fiancés back as he is laying down and she’s just chilling and doing her little chirps:) she does keep putting her head down and closing her eyes though

That’s her right now a couple hours after she went down❤️❤️ Praying she keeps getting better

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom