HELP-chick poop-HELP

happyfeet

In the Brooder
12 Years
Dec 24, 2007
i have 3 eight week old chicks and 18 five week old chicks. they have been on the proper age appropriate crumble since they were born. some of their poop is orange/runny/stinky and sometimes it is "normal". i have looked at poop pictures and under that section it says it is upper respritory/cocci. it is not always like that. some of them throughout the day will have it and some wont. what the heck. they have never been exposed to other chickens their entire life. they were hatched in an incubator. WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?????

Quote:
I think this is the key phrase.

When we had Cocci run through our flock, all of the birds that were infected continually showed that they were infected. Their poo went from runny to bloody runny to a puddle of blood in a matter of about a week.

While it is possible that your birds are fighting some of it off on their own, the fact that there is a variation in what you see either means that either only some have the condition that displays the symptoms, or none of them have it and the wide variety of normal poo is being misinterpreted.

Posting pics might let someone see what is going on and help diagnose it.

Back
Top Bottom