HELP!!!!! CHICKEN ACTING WEIRD!!!!!

I Miss u Loaf

Chirping
Dec 13, 2023
hello all,

I was out in the coop this morning taking care of the chicks, and my easter egger, Loaf, was acting weird. she would respond normally to being pet (Trying to hide under other chickens), but I noticed her voice was EXTREMELY off. Normally, she is very loud and vocal, but this morning, her voice was really soft and not it's normal trills and coos. it was just single little rapsy sounding moans. she sounded like she was wheezing or something. she all of a sudden would start to sneeze, with that sounding almost forced, or stuck. Loaf ate fine and drank, I think she may have yelled too loud and hurt her voice, the only thing I'm concerned about is her sneezing, in which was described above as sounding forced. she would also hold her head to the ground and shake her head when she sneezed. Help this is a plea for help I can't live with the loss of her she's my best friend....

It's possible she mightve inhaled feed dust or possibly a granule of feed. If this is the case, you can put one drop of water in each nostril, one nostril at a time. The water will break down and liquify the dust or granule making it easier for her to expel the contents when she sneezes or shakes her head. There will be continuous sneezing and head shaking until the water is completely expelled, be prepared for that situation and dont panic when she's shaking her head.

Back
Top Bottom