HELP! Chicken waterer / feeder!

Silkie122

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 7, 2013
Winters, Ca
So have been raising chickens for about two years now, and ive had an amazing time doing. Getting baby chicks, setting up a brooder, and watching them grow, then lay they're first egg. Truly rewarding experience, but i have finally come across a problem
barnie.gif
In a month i will be going on a vacation. And i do have someone who is going to feed and water my ladies, and collect they're eggs
D.gif
but I feel pretty bad for making him come and collect eggs every day, so i have been trying to think of ways to have it be a little easier for him. So pretty please post pictures or talk about your long lasting feeders and waterers, if you made it yourself, then explain how you did it. Please guys, I need help. Lets come together as a chicken lover community. Thank you
hugs.gif

Well we have some one who checks on our birds everyday. Letting the eggs bunch up may cause a hen to go broody. Also maybe you can have him check every morning collect the eggs, feed and water your birds, then go home.

Here's my feeder, a 5 gallon bucket with two 90 degree elbows, cut the elbows so they are about 3/4 of an inch off the bottom of the bucket, they stick their heads inside and can't fling the food out, no waste, this holds about 25#'s of food and last my girls about a month.

Horizontal nipples in a old cat food container, drill a 3/8 hole and screw them in, water stays crystal clear and last about 2 weeks for my girls, I got them from"all bout chickens".com

Back
Top Bottom