HELP! Chickens being noisey

One of my chickens sounded the predator alarm when she heard me sneeze from about 300 yards away while taking my dogs out at around 6am. They were in their coop - and usually I can barely hear them until I get closer to the coop.
How close is your neighbor? What is a flaglot? Sorry, I live in a rural area. ;)

One of my chickens sounded the predator alarm when she heard me sneeze from about 300 yards away while taking my dogs out at around 6am. They were in their coop - and usually I can barely hear them until I get closer to the coop.
How close is your neighbor? What is a flaglot? Sorry, I live in a rural area. ;)
A flaglot neighbor is where the neighbors driveway goes alongside your house and back behind your house. their house usually faces your property. It's called a flaglot because it is shaped like a flag.

Attachments

• 20171226_091558.png
    20171226_091558.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 13
I have 1 window...i can cover it up..coop door covered with a towel. Run has electric sunlight sensor door that opens at daylight for free ranging. Only neighbor that drives that early is flaglot neighbors husband who turns truck on at 6am to leave for work. No headlights or other light sources other then porch light reaches coop at night. We turn porch light off at night.
The complaining neighbor is retired and has migraines at night so she doesn't fall asleep until the morning I guess...she has never complained in 5 yrs we have had the chickens. Yes she c/o rooster we had with no crow collar 2 yrs ago but we promptly found him a new home. We will be talking after the holidays. We generally get along great.

It looks more like 60' to me tops. Going off back fence posts at the standard 8' spacing. I count 5 maybe 6 sections before side fence.

You have a nice raised deck there. Is there room between the deck and fence to plant arborvitae? They would absorb a lot of the noise.

http://conifersociety.org/conifers/...MIvv-d9Zao2AIVSk1-Ch0ozAY2EAAYASAAEgJHpPD_BwE

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/4-different-varieties-of-arborvitae

A little info about them. They also block nosy neighbors view.

;)

A flaglot neighbor is where the neighbors driveway goes alongside your house and back behind your house. their house usually faces your property. It's called a flaglot because it is shaped like a flag.
I have a field of beans on one side of my house and a field of corn on the other - that gets rotated yearly. My "neighbors" live on the other side of each of those fields. :D
Have you ever had issues with this neighbor before having chickens?

I have a field of beans on one side of my house and a field of corn on the other - that gets rotated yearly. My "neighbors" live on the other side of each of those fields. :D
Have you ever had issues with this neighbor before having chickens?

No never had a problem. They arr vwry nice and we have always been polite
They said they were excited we moved in because previous neighbors who owned this house were terrible. They said they didn't mind us getting chickens. She also said when we first had rooster that she didn't mind the rooster.
I do not know how long the migraines have been for her...thats the only time she gets nasty to me. Twice in 5 yrs

Their lights on, while the husband is getting ready for work, may be just enough light to trigger the dusk/dawn sensor for your coop door, causing the ruckus they are complaining about. Turn off that automatic coop door or put it on a timer so that it won't open too early.

No never had a problem. They arr vwry nice and we have always been polite
They said they were excited we moved in because previous neighbors who owned this house were terrible. They said they didn't mind us getting chickens. She also said when we first had rooster that she didn't mind the rooster.
I do not know how long the migraines have been for her...thats the only time she gets nasty to me. Twice in 5 yrs
I get migraines. I understand why it's a problem for her. It even hurts to blink. The only way I can get rid of them is to take 4 ibuprofen, have it as dark and quiet as possible and sleep. Mine are "mild" compared to those who have to go to the hospital for pain relief. I'm glad you get along with them otherwise and hope you can work out a solution.

Back
Top Bottom