Help! Double yolk egg at 10 days!

Dharmachick

Crowing
9 Years
Feb 14, 2015
Goldendale, WA
I have 2 Polish roos that are around 7 months old, as well as some Polish hens. I was wondering if they were fertile, so I threw some of the Polish eggs into the brooder, and surprise!, 4 out of 7 were fertile! I candled at day 5, and thought I saw two blobs in one small egg, but waited until day 10 to confirm it. Has anyone successfully hatched a double yolker? I wouldn't have set it if I knew, but the egg didn't look much larger than the others, just a normal Polish sized egg. Should I take it out, or go through the heartache of losing them later? Yes, I'm one of those chicken loving, not eating peeps.

If it is a small egg, then chances are it won’t live unfortunately. I’ve incubated two doubles that were huge eggs, and there still wasn’t enough room for a viable hatch.

Do you have pictures of said egg? If it is actually as small as you describe then I’m wondering if perhaps something else is going on.

Last edited:
Day 15 and the twin egg is really full. I can't see much in there, but I thought I heard a peep. I saw movement in two areas. I don't think anyone was sitting on the egg before I incubated, however the hens like to lay in this one area that my sweet hen sleeps in, so maybe we are a day or two ahead.

The other 3 eggs are also doing well with movement in all three. I'm starting to get really excited!!

Back
Top Bottom