HELP! DUCK EYE

sandloaf

Chirping
Oct 3, 2019
Sarasota, Florida
Hi! We have a duck we rescued about a year ago! Her name is Cassi and she has three chicken sisters. One day Cassi and the girls got in a fight and the chickens pecked her eye. It was all watery and we cleaned it everyday and put antibodies on it. And it got all better and looked perfect.

Recently her eye has been very weird. Its watery and she shakes her head like its itchy, I took some pictures and then disinfected it and put more antibiotics on it. Any idea what it is?? It isn’t infected its just watery and swollen. Shes eating and drink and swimming around just fine. We are struggling financially so anything we can buy in store and not go to a vet is great! HELP!!

Attachments

• 37CE4CC2-FBDF-44E8-A1AD-F21C838186E6.jpeg
    37CE4CC2-FBDF-44E8-A1AD-F21C838186E6.jpeg
    324.4 KB · Views: 19
  • EEFF743E-0A93-4EB3-B92B-4EC2174B6C24.jpeg
    EEFF743E-0A93-4EB3-B92B-4EC2174B6C24.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 10
She still isn't with the chickens? Looks like some kind of infection or irritation. Make up a saline rinse using water salt and heat till boiling I'll have to get you the measurements. But once it cools down rinse her eyes out real well then dry and use the antibiotic salve. It is Terramycin eye ointment?

Here is one
https://www.muranochickenfarm.com/2014/01/make-your-own-saline-wound-wash.html

Thank you for the fast reply!! She still is with the chickens, she learned to stay away from them and they don't mess with the duck. Can I use the same solution for contacts? It is equate first aid antibiotic.

She still isn't with the chickens? Looks like some kind of infection or irritation. Make up a saline rinse using water salt and heat till boiling I'll have to get you the measurements. But once it cools down rinse her eyes out real well then dry and use the antibiotic salve. It is Terramycin eye ointment?

Back
Top Bottom