Help duck has a cut on her eye!

Emma89

Chirping
Oct 27, 2022
Colorado Springs
Does anyone know if there is anything I can put on her eye to help it from getting infected? I came home from work and my drake must have had some aggressive sexy time and she ended up with several feathers pulled from her neck and a cut above her eye. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I will attach a photo thanks!

Attachments

• 432BA6EC-FF50-4DBE-99BE-31FC2AB863DA.jpeg
    432BA6EC-FF50-4DBE-99BE-31FC2AB863DA.jpeg
    599.2 KB · Views: 23
Does anyone know if there is anything I can put on her eye to help it from getting infected? I came home from work and my drake must have had some aggressive sexy time and she ended up with several feathers pulled from her neck and a cut above her eye. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I will attach a photo thanks!
I'd bet that it would heal fine on it's own.
I took on a couple orphan ducks and the drake had to let them know that he was in charge.
I literally thought that one of the orphans was going to lose an eye, but it healed fine.
The two loners are the orphans. They integrated eventually, but spooked the whole flock quite a bit in the interim.

Attachments

• 20210527_135842.jpg
    20210527_135842.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Thanks 😊 I will try this!
Update: She (Darla) is doing better today. I made the decision to separate my drake from my hens last night he’s started to become very aggressive with the girls. Hopefully after a cool of period I can try and reintroduce him back into the flock with out any problems. 🤞🤞🤞 Thanks again for all the support and advice!

Back
Top Bottom