HELP early guineas hatching!!!

ZoeS95423

Songster
8 Years
Apr 17, 2011
Okay, so long story short I asked on here about hatching guineas. Heard hey could hatch early and if I should take the turner out early. I was told no leave it till day 25. Today I went yo check on my eggs... Its only day 24. And one is 3/4 the way out. But its head is stuck to the membrane because I didn't have the humidity way up for lockdown yet!
So its head is twisted and stuck to the membrane. What should I do!?!

ETA: I added a wet paper towel and warm water to bump the humidity.
Should I try to get it's head un stuck???

Last edited:
I got his head loose. His butt is also stuck in the egg shell, but I have the humidity up nos, so I am hoping for the membrane to obsorb some moisture and looses him without me having to help.
I normally will not help a chick even if it has pipped. But this one is 80% out of his shell. I feel bad for him.

He was having q very had time walking around with 1/2 the shell stuck to him.his feet and everything were out, I just chipped away at the shell enough so he can walk comfortably with it on. The membrane looks like ts starting to get moistso hopefully by morning it will be off. If not, Iwould assume the yolk would be absorbed?

Also where his head was glued to the membrane, that eye is still shut. Anything I can do to get the excess membrane off his head?
Wipe gently with a washclothe?

If he's able to walk the yolks probably absorbed, just check before you remove the shell fully.
Try some warm water on the cloth but be careful not to get any up his nose.

OK. I've never helped a chick before... Generally I'm pretty against helping.
Since he was already almost fully out I had to at least get his head unstuck though.
Don't really want to go through getting the rest of the shell over but I will. He is white and so far the others are regular looking!
This mronong he is still got the shell stuck. He has tried getting out of it but I fearhe will hurt himself or the other eggs, by dragging it around.

Last edited:
I got the rest of the egg shell off and have been picking a bit at a time of the membrane "shrink wrapped" on his back.
He has some on his face also and can't open his eye... I tried a bit at that one but am scare of hurting him :(

Also I have hatched chicken eggs before, never guinea.
Are these eggs pipped at the wrong end or am I wrong? My chickens never pip here...

Back
Top Bottom