HELP! Early hatcher with half shell missing and veiny membrane

It didn't end well she got out of the shell herself but was still attached to a small egg yolk she died half an hour ago
1f61f.png
devastated isn't the word not one chick out off 14 eggs I don't think I'll be trying again any time soon what heartbreak this is

It didn't end well she got out of the shell herself but was still attached to a small egg yolk she died half an hour ago
1f61f.png
devastated isn't the word not one chick out off 14 eggs I don't think I'll be trying again any time soon what heartbreak this is
sad.png
hugs.gif
So sorry. That's how I felt after my very first hatch 17 in and one survivor (that ended up being a special needs roo). I swore I wasn't going to do it again. It was too hard getting to lockdown with 17 chicks and loosing them. I think it was about three weeks later I decided to try again. I'm so glad I did. I haven't had another bad hatch. Each hatch got better and better as I learned more and more. I even hit a 100% hatch.

Give yourself time. It's hard to loose them all and maybe at some point you'll be ready to try again. I was so hoping that one will make it.

Back
Top Bottom