help! emergency!

newbie83

Chirping
Apr 14, 2015
Ohio
My second chick just hatched he still has a bit of yolk hanging out, its about the size of a pencil eraser what do I do?

Put it in a plastic container with sides high enough that it can't jump out, and an other chick can't jump in, then put it back in the bator to absorb that yolk. You might want to put something soft under it. Paper towel, or similar to give it traction.

Also I have another one pipping has a large spot done I think it hit a vessel, only a little blood but the membrane is pretty white should I dab with a little bit of water while I have the bator open

NO. Don't touch any thing that doesn't need to be touched. It's super important that you don't open that bator for more than a second to plop that baby in the container that you've already prepared for it. Get your humidity up above 65%. Given that you have to deal with the yolker, you might want to aim for 75%.

Also I have another one pipping has a large spot done I think it hit a vessel, only a little blood but the membrane is pretty white should I dab with a little bit of water while I have the bator open
As long as it's a small amount of blood he should be fine. As for white..that's what you want. The membrane around the pip hole should be paper white. If it starts getting yellowish brown and leathery, that's when you have troubles and need to intervene with some moisture.

See how nice and white the membranes are? That's the perfect membrane condition.

yeah knocked over the cup I don't want to open it again until the third is done hatching. yes the membrane is paper white

yeah knocked over the cup I don't want to open it again until the third is done hatching. yes the membrane is paper white
I had one last hatch, I used a coffee mug, but I ended up moving the mug to the brooder under the brooder ligh tbecause the top of the mug was too close to the heating elements in the bator.

Back
Top Bottom