QuailLady96

Hatching
Jul 8, 2020
Hey everyone!

I am rather new to raising quails,
The shop near me only sold chick starter feed and meat bird finisher - I got a bit confused and have been feeding my quails meat bird finisher after weeks 12 - for the last 3 months - they have gotten pretty big :( but I only have them for egg laying purposes.. what do I do now :(? Thanks in advance for your help

Start changing their diet to a game bird feed. Don't change their diet all at once, but you should be able to mix their current feed with larger and larger portions of the game bird feed until they're completely on game bird feed (this will take about a week).

Think of it like feeding a person a high calorie junk food diet for 3 years. Some harm has been done, but it's fixable.

Start changing their diet to a game bird feed. Don't change their diet all at once, but you should be able to mix their current feed with larger and larger portions of the game bird feed until they're completely on game bird feed (this will take about a week).

Think of it like feeding a person a high calorie junk food diet for 3 years. Some harm has been done, but it's fixable.
Thank you so much when I went in store they kept insisting on me to buy meat bird food saying that was best despite me telling them they are gaining weight and I only want the hens for eggs.
I have moved to a diet with less protein and focused on egg laying , I also gave them a bigger run to help burn off those calories 😂😭. Thank you !!

Back
Top Bottom