Help! first time hatching!

How are they doing this morning? 

sorry for the delayed update:

Thankfully, and with the awesome help from @Lacrystol I so far have 2 fluffy little guys, 1 waiting to fluff up and 12 needing a little more time to pull through, but hopefully will do so soon. I did end up losing 2, before any pips from them :( Thanks to everyone offering advice and support :)

Last edited:

That's okay you've been busy.  lol,          they are adorable I bet your in love. Hope the last 12 make it out with out too much more difficulty. and very sorry you lost 2. :hugs

Thanks for updating

Thank you :)
It sure has been an exhausting 48hrs but worth it to see these little guys. I hope the rest make it too!!

These babies were very sticky, they need a lot of cleaning. High HUMIDITY and low temp usually causes sticky babies. When they were late, something right there tells you something is wrong and surely there was. One baby was just Floating Litter floating in water. He wasn't sticky just covered with fresh water. Of course, he was already gone needless before we got to him.

I must mention this cute story on the one. LOL I laugh just thinking about it. We pealed him back all the way and she sends me a pic, she says he's still has yolk, I was like dang it OK get him in a cup. Cup for exposed yolk seems to help since it applies pressure on that area to help them absorb faster. Well she tells me, he doesn't like the cup, he keeps jumping out. LOL

Now if anyone has ever dealt with exposed yolk they are very weak and sleepy. So I had a feeling something else was going on, I asked her to send a pic of his vent. LOL, he was fully absorbed, and ready to go. He was fighting her to get out of that cup and go see his brother and she was fighting him to stay in that cup. LOL. Finally she gave up and he got to join the other one. Just kind of funny thinking about them two fighting because I'm sure we have been there. LOL

Mistaken yolk..

Back
Top Bottom