Help - Fish Floating (Still Alive!)

Lemon-Drop

Let Your Light Shine ~ Matthew 5:16 🤍✝️
Mar 5, 2021
Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
A little background:

I got these two fish over 3 years ago. It was an accident (we were ‘gifted’ them)
They’re goldfish.
We added a pleco to eat the algae (he doesn’t like to do that though)

A few days, I noticed one of the fish was acting weird. I’m not the one who takes care of them, and I was very busy, so I didn’t think much of it. Today, I noticed something very wrong. One of the goldfish, the orange one, has been able to swim down, but is often floating/swimming upside down or sideways.

We think it’s probably a swim bladder disorder, which goldfish are prone to.

I’ve seen lots of information online.

Star and I are trying to figure out what to do. We admittedly don’t change their water that often.

Should we do a big water change? Separate the orange one in case of bacterial infection? Tapioca is acting fairly normal compared to Fuji Moto (the orange one) Switch to sinking food?

Thanks in advance!

A little background:

I got these two fish over 3 years ago. It was an accident (we were ‘gifted’ them)
They’re goldfish.
We added a pleco to eat the algae (he doesn’t like to do that though)

A few days, I noticed one of the fish was acting weird. I’m not the one who takes care of them, and I was very busy, so I didn’t think much of it. Today, I noticed something very wrong. One of the goldfish, the orange one, has been able to swim down, but is often floating/swimming upside down or sideways.

We think it’s probably a swim bladder disorder, which goldfish are prone to.

I’ve seen lots of information online.

Star and I are trying to figure out what to do. We admittedly don’t change their water that often.

Should we do a big water change? Separate the orange one in case of bacterial infection? Tapioca is acting fairly normal compared to Fuji Moto (the orange one) Switch to sinking food?

Thanks in advance!
Sounds like swim bladder. Check yr ammonia level too.

Back
Top Bottom