HELP hatching !!

duck mad 2012

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
hello, one of my chicks has hatched and is doing realy well, last night about 6pm my other egg started to pip so i left it, this morning when i woke up (8am) its still in the same spot and looks like its not trying, should i help it ? my gut feeling is saying to help, i know they have to absorb there veins and egg sack so how long does that take?
Iv rapped the egg in a damp warm flannel to see if the shell will get any softer please help x

Great to hear it has hatched ok :yesss:

I would always wait 24 hours after the initial external pip. It can take that long for them to absorb everything. Not every chick is the same some take only a few hours and others seem to take for ever. While they have the external pip they have the oxygen to be able to breathe. Chicks that hatch on their own are usually the more healthiest. Having to help them usually means they are weak to start off with.

Good luck with your chicks, enjoy them :thumbsup

I have another one hatching but it's not cracked the egg yet it's been like that since last night I can hear it cheeping and tapping x

It sounds like your hatch is going well. Just try and be patient, they sometimes take a long time to rest up and finish cooking after they pip. If you can hear it it's doing OK.

He's now made a hole in the shell but seams to have given up
1f61e.png

Back
Top Bottom