Help he cant walk

duck mad 2012

In the Brooder
7 Years
Aug 6, 2012
hi all i hatched some ducklings last year and only 1 hatched, i noticed that he could not walk proply after about 3ish days of hatcing but i thought it was just the way he was as he could not hatch on his own.
so this morning i let him out and he was fine his normal self, iv just been to him and he cant walk hes just wobbling round on his belly, iv read about brewers yest? will this help him any idears please

hi all i hatched some ducklings last year and only 1 hatched, i noticed that he could not walk proply after about 3ish days of hatcing but i thought it was just the way he was as he could not hatch on his own.
so this morning i let him out and he was fine his normal self, iv just been to him and he cant walk hes just wobbling round on his belly, iv read about brewers yest? will this help him any idears please
I'd say sure couldn't hurt to try it. over 1 year old I'd go for 250-500megs to 1 gallon of water making sure mixed real well. and could he have an injury? sometimes they jump off of things and injure their legs also make sure to use plain niacin not flush free or time released. you may have to ask for it at pharmacy. I hope you can figure out what's going on and help him.
fl.gif

Last edited:
i use it on my horses this is it
yes that's it. I buy it by the 20 tub. I give it to my whole flock babies and adults. mix a cup to 5lbs of feed. What I do is take my feed put it into a bucket that has a lid add the brewers yeast put lid on and shake the dickens out of the bucket to dispense the BY through out.

ok thanks so much when is best to give it to him in the moring or at night? should i add a little water so it sticks on to the food? xx

ok thanks so much when is best to give it to him in the moring or at night? should i add a little water so it sticks on to the food? xx
I make up fermented feed for my flock I use a 1 gal. bucket add my feed and 1/4 cup ACV to hot water unpasterized ACV let it sit over night but I am thinking if you want to add a Tab of BY to his feed then yes make his feed moist then add the BY and mix well, only what he'll eat in a day though because unless you add ACV to the feed it will mold pretty quick. 1Tab to 1cup of feed. feed in the morning.

thanks, i feed my ducks mixed corn i live in the uk and cant find anything to feed them as they are 2 drakes x

thanks, i feed my ducks mixed corn i live in the uk and cant find anything to feed them as they are 2 drakes x
Mixed corn what does that mean? basically corn on it's own is not a balanced diet they need feed even if it's chicken feed. I can't get duck feed where Il ive so I use an All flock feed.

mixed corn is just diffent types of corn mixed together, iv been told not to give them layers ect as they cant lay. i cant find any flock riser in the uk iv looked every where. they also get greens ect x

mixed corn is just diffent types of corn mixed together, iv been told not to give them layers ect as they cant lay. i cant find any flock riser in the uk iv looked every where. they also get greens ect x
Well you have to feed what you can get so I understand that. I think I'd get a good poultry vitamin and add it to their drinking water 2-3 times a week. That way you know they are getting some extra vitamins they are getting from the corn. did you check him over real good t make sure it isn't an injury? feel his legs for swelling and heat which can mean infection. How about swimming is he having any problems there? Swim time is really good way to build muscle and strength. but make sure he can get in and out of the pool or stay with him so you can help him. But water therapy a couple times a day will help too.

So folks in the UK that have a mixed flock either feed everyone including drakes layer or corn that's the 2 choices?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom