HELP HELP My Chicken Has Sour Crop I Think

Well, I would not let Lemon keep pecking Ninja on the head every 5 minutes. Maybe put Lemon in a dog crate (cage type) at night so they can still see each other but can't peck. How big is their coop in feet? Sometimes this sort of thing happens when hens are too crowded.

I had made a roost for them and Lemon was shuffling along it until Ninja would fall off

the sleeping space from frount to back is 2.6 feet
and from left to right 3 feet
@BigBlueHen53

I had made a roost for them and Lemon was shuffling along it until Ninja would fall off

the sleeping space from frount to back is 2.6 feet
and from left to right 3 feet
@BigBlueHen53
the coop is made for 6 chickens
some times lemon nearly sleeps On top of poor Nin Nin/Ninja

3.5 ft x 6 ft is 21 sq. ft.
21÷ 4 is 5.25, really enough room for 5 chickens very comfortably.
I don't know why Lemon is being such a bully. There are two ways to go about this but both involve separating the hens. Usually there are multiple hens. If you isolate the victim, she gains confidrnce and often becomes able to defend herself. If you separate the bully, she loses her place at the top of the pecking order and learns to behave herself. In your case it doesn't matter. Just separate them for a week or two then put them back together and see what happens. If the pecking continues, separate them for another week and try again.

3.5 ft x 6 ft is 21 sq. ft.
21÷ 4 is 5.25, really enough room for 5 chickens very comfortably.
I don't know why Lemon is being such a bully. There are two ways to go about this but both involve separating the hens. Usually there are multiple hens. If you isolate the victim, she gains confidrnce and often becomes able to defend herself. If you separate the bully, she loses her place at the top of the pecking order and learns to behave herself. In your case it doesn't matter. Just separate them for a week or two then put them back together and see what happens. If the pecking continues, separate them for another week and try again.
it is quite cold at night so how do I keep them both warm and Ninja crys and crys and crys whenever I take Lemon away from her and if Lemon can see Ninja not in a cage she will probably sit there dragging her beak back forwards

it is quite cold at night so how do I keep them both warm and Ninja crys and crys and crys whenever I take Lemon away from her and if Lemon can see Ninja not in a cage she will probably sit there dragging her beak back forwards
if Lemon gets broody should I give her some eggs so she has a job and maybe leaves Ninja alone
but what if nin nin gets broody
PS. I would be overjoyed if u say get 2 fertile eggs because I want 4 chickens......
@BigBlueHen53

Back
Top Bottom