HELP.. hen died please read and advise

Mixed Pen

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 17, 2013
AUSTRALIA
I had a hen die a week back, she was isolated as soon as i noticed her sick, was sick for a full week before dieing ever since i have been checking all the chooks several times a day for any signs or symptoms..

i had a broody hen on eggs, due to hatch today, i went out this morning to see if i had any chicks and the hen is off the nest and dead out in the yard... she had no symptoms of being ill..

hi wildthang
thanks for quick reply..

1st chook had i believe to be coryza, she had weepy eyes and nose, eyes fused shut from the muck etc

thanks, but you would have thought the second cook would show signs, not just die???

the first chook was not often in the pen, she was a bit of an escapee, i will do the scrub out, i already did the waterer

Some animals show a lot more signs then others, She could have had it, but was just a lot weaker. If she was brooding she probably wasn't getting as much water, or food as the other chickens because she wouldn't have gotten off of the eggs as much. Also, It says that if they have it they are very sensitive to heat. Often times the heat will make it worse, i am not sure of your set up. Some set ups the Chicken coop can get hot.

Back
Top Bottom