HELP!!!! Hole in her head 4 mth old hen

Chickengal505

Songster
10 Years
Jan 4, 2010
Bolivia N.C
HELP
1) What type of bird , age and weight.

??? feed store cross breed,4 months, 2lbs.
2) What is the behavior, exactly.

Nomal, pecking, peeping, preening
3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?

About 2 days mabie one noted today
4) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.

Remants of bleeding, hole in back of head
5) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.

Pecking
6) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.

game bird starter, scratch, layers mash
7) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.

Normal
8) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?

Cleaned the wound with proxide,cotten balls and blu-kote
9 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?

My self if not she will be culled
sad.png

10) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.

Sorry i'll work on it
11) Describe the housing/bedding in use

Dirt, hay, grass​

Sounds to me like you've done all you can. Keep her away from the others until it heals. From what you describe, I think she'll be fine!

Its pretty deep... there is a thick flap of skin and really it looks like a flip lid trash can. The hole its self is dark and I dont know if its down to the skull i was EXTREMLY gentle and did not pry just doctered. My main concern is an infection as she is a sickly chick any way... She is now eating JUST game bird starter for extra protean, and fresh water hose water. She is in her own little hutch with a coop and run design.

UPDATE:I'll have pics in the am so hang in there colors baby once people see your head they'll help... weird moment talking to her(and see gust HAS to be my fav.)

Okay i'll have pics later my friend knows how to up load them and he'll help me up load them i globed neosporen on it (with out pain killer) and sniped the feathers around her head she is heathy and annoyed that she cant hang out with her buddies lol i thinck she has bigger problems.

Back
Top Bottom